As you recall, I’ve been transferred over to St. Jane de Chantal, in Abita Springs; which has been taking up a lot of my time. Which is a good thing, of course, seeing as I’m the new Pastor.
But yesterday I decided to drive around the Parish to see what territory we have… talk a bout a large land area! We include parts of the Bogue Chitto, and the Pearl River.
So, whilst driving over the Pearl I got out and snapped his shot from the bridge near Bogalusa (since it’s the only bridge that crosses the river anywhere near here.)
A few things about that:
- That bridge is very high, and no one stops on it to take pictures.
- The view down to the water is terrifying.
- The river had a very industrial and muddy look right below the bridge which made my stomach churn.
- The thing’s I’ll do for a photograph are starting to amaze me.
- I’d do it again in a flash.
- It’s been so rainy, it’s like living on Venus. And this captures some of that Louisiana cloudy, dreamlike, dark green, and watery landscape that we have so much of, and that I love so much.
On that note, the time has come to head to retire for the eve. Splash, out.